Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Here we go weekly posting again. Well, I definitely didn’t watch that many episodes this week, mainly due to my internet being retarded, or maybe we overused the bandwidth so now our baka internet company is restricting us. =__= Either way, off we go-
What I read this week that’s notable-
Hm, impressions: I found the fake student council part pointless and dragged out. But then again, being as impatient as I am, I found the entire arc too dragged out. Overall, Kyon was still being great as his humorous narrations and side comments, making the reading enjoyable. Yuki’s story was seriously more like a nonsensal prose, Asahina’s fairytale will probably leave mental scars on kids, and Kyon’s narration was non-romantic but quite interesting, and I probably don’t really want to read Itsuki’s mystery. (probably won’t be too mysterious) Interesting reappearance of the girl from the computer president arc though. Overall, pretty enjoyable arc.
What I watched this week -
That is what I ran my marathon on this week. I’m not really a fan of conversation based works, because they bore me easily. But Bakamonogatari was pretty interesting plot-wise, so I decided to pick it up, besides of it being so popular and had recently finished too. ^___^ Well, impressions -
I liked the structure of the anime, and each theme was pretty cleverly done. Animations got a little weird at times, honestly, I was pretty pissed to have to stop the episodes a million times to read the texts cause they were flashing them in light-years’ speed. >_< Well, that aside, the cast and the plot were pretty awesome.
Guess who wins on my list besides Senjougahara-san? Her -
The dogs! the dogs! the dogs!!! They are so adorable! <3<3<3 More points for Ryoushi. ^___^
Anyway, the episode itself was rather mediocre, focusing on some gang fighting . I seriously prefer Ryouko and the gang could focus on something other than Ryouko acting all touch and fighting each episode. But at least that gives Ryoushi an excellent opportunity to show himself. Anyway, I like him and I hope that he will catch the wolf. ^__^ Hoho…
After being had by A1 pictures, well, this episode was fairly entertaining. Lizzy was employed as the usual damsel-in-distress and Ciel had to save her from a flood this time. Honestly, all I can say is that I’m glad that this show isn’t about the annoying brat from first episode, at least yet. Looks like that the red shinigami will make an appearance next week, oh dear, Jun Fukuyama too. Well I hope this keeps to be entertaining with Ciel and Sebastian, alone, no extra butlers and masters.
One sentence: too much sex jokes and seriously no plot.
The additional student council adviser was quite a hilarious character, but then again I’m seriously just watching this to kill time and for LOLs.
The ending to last week’s episode was… rather anti-climatic. But anyway, since I already read the manga, I already knew that what followed was the school visitation day, but nonetheless, it was quite entertaining to watch it animated. The Usui part with all the school sports clubs was even more hilarious than reading it. Well, all’s well ends well. Next week is the beach episode, and now we just need more Usui x Misa awesomeness. x3
Watched the premier last week on Hulu since Viz was streaming it, it was pretty interesting with the whole Yokai deal and I just plain like Jun Fukuyama… ahem, well I think I’ll be keeping this series on the list.
The second ep this week, well didn’t have that much content really, just that bird dude visiting and how the main dude doesn’t want to be the successor for the 23478th time. Well the snake part was awesome though, so that makes this episode win, oh and Yuki-Ona alone makes this awesome. ^_^
Maya was so mean!!! She’s so mean!!! I feel so sorry for the poor Abu dude, or whatever his name is. I swear, any screen time with both of them has Maya either kicking or hitting or striking or slapping the poor dude. He didn’t even do anything. T___T Anyway, that aside, the whole future concept was… well somewhat ridiculous haha. Well I’ll probably stick around to watch this series, well if my internet actually let me finish this episode first, and if the horror won’t be too bad.
---
I have no motivation to watch the Bleach episode today since my internet sucks and the Vizards entering the battle seriously doesn’t make Bleach any more interesting, while Sekirei was not subbed, and I figured I’ll re-watch the subbed version anyway. So… I might have these two in next week’s post, or I might not.
Labels: Anime Musings, Bakamonogatari, Haruhi Suzumiya, Kuroshitsuji, Maid-sama, Narurihyon, Occult Academy, Ookami-san, Seitokai Yakuindomo, What I watched this week