Monday, July 12, 2010
To start off...since this blog has been populated by too much shojo and harem! I will spam it with.....
SHONEN - AI (no yaoi....). These aren't well known. I just happen to like them
1. Aitsu no daihonmei
This one at first glance is typical shonen-ai, yadda whole thing about pursuing one and so on
But the first thing that struck me was: HEY! IT'S NOT A PRETTY BOY (or at least one of them isn't). That reeled me in and I started reading it. Needless to say I got addicted.
a) Even though non-pretty boy is not very attractive, he just makes you squeal and go Kawwaiiii like you just fall in love with his character and his actions
b) It's the perfect balance between seriousness and comedy. IT WAS SO HILARIOUS...all through the series. There was no usual angstyness and denial about, "I don't know if I'm in love with him! So I'm going to avoid him for awhile" and then, "The pursuer thinks he doesn't like him or something and leaves the poor uke alone." BAM ANSTYNESS. I like straightforwardness. The main character isn't afraid to admit that he 'likes' Satou.
c) Another strange thing is I love is the FEMALE POPULATION! This is rare, because in shonen-ai, I usually hate the females because they're whiny or my mind goes something along the lines of GO TO HELL YOU F*&^&(*&in B(**&*&tch. There's a S female character (S &M anybody?)! The fangirls are just....comedy, pure entertainment...you should hate them, but you're too busy laughing about the antics...
Overall 5/5, it's not finished yet...I'm looking forward to future posts...
2nd manga.....
Adekan

"Laid-back and somewhat absent-mindedly seductive umbrella craftsman Shiro, and hot-blooded officer Kojiro, who stands against all things undisciplined, become involved in a bloody and erotic thrill-ride in an off-kilter town. This action-packed jack-of-all-trades manga will have you swooning at its sexiness and leave you more addicted than opium!"
- Nakama Scanlations
Now, this one isn't shonen-ai, but the implications...oh god...the implications....just makes it better than your average shonen-ai manga....Here's a list of reason why....
a) Shiro. is. a. sex. pot. He oozes sex, he literally has sex with everything he sit (no, lounges) on, be it couch or chair. He just has that aura of sensuality and that beauty * this fangirl has died of nosebleeds many times* God, he's pure dripping sex...undistilled....he's like alcohol...intoxicating you....
ok.....before I get too deep...into my fangirling: If the plot sucked or whatever, I would just read it for Shiro
b) Ah, I should have mentioned that the art is spectacular and unique...I like it a lot...The author definitely knows what's sexy.
c) The plot is a mixture of comdey, murder, mystery, intrigue...my cup of tea. It's reasonably serious and isn't just for laughs. Every chapter reveals something about human nature...and the murders and mysteries are quite exciting! The murderer is never who you think it is and the people in the story are never what they seem to be.
d) The implied shonen-ai and the chemistry between Kojiro and Shiro...*swoons* can not take it anymore. There's a lot of gags implying them two have some *cough* relationship... Kojiro, is quite a likeable character, his design is nice and he's like a mother hen, always taking care of Shiro...
This is also not even closed to finished....I am excited for new chapter!!!!
Thereby ends the first shonen-ai post...more to come! (yes, victoria, I have joined the dark side...mwhahaha)
Labels: Manga Musings

At Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 8:01:00 PM CDT