| Home | About | Author | Contact | Past Layouts | Map |
 

Scarlet Mask

Sunday, May 25, 2008


Highlight of the Day: I brought version 6.0 of Ouran Wind with me today! ^_~ It took me an entire day yesterday to finish everything from the raws. And trust me, I won't be making another layout for a while... this one is QUITE bothersome... Ugh... I wasted the entire morning over a part of the coding that simply wasn't working on the preview part. *sigh* I never realized the preview section and the official layout can actually look different... Well, hope you enjoy the new look, tell me what you think. But I'm exhausted... at least I did kept my promise of an Ouran tribute...

I have no idea what my next layout is dedicated to, I'm still debating over Tsubasa and Vampire Knight... I have more image material for the former... but the latter has a easier color arrangment for the theme. Well, whatever, I'm focusing more on my other blog's layout anyway...

Oh, and I finished T's layout and coding yesterday too, so here's a screenshot of my test-drive:



I didn't plan to use CCS images, but I ended up with them because these two random images are just there in my folder for no particular reason at all... so I was like, why not?

I still got zero plan for summer, maybe I'll start planning tomorrow, since today we are hosting a party. And chances for me to actually do work is also zero, so I might as well work on the layout for my other blog. I'm thinking about renaming it and expanding it so that I can stop updating my freeweb account... I'll think about that during the party...

Dad's BBQing, smells so GOOD...

I realized that Ouran and VK this month only have extra chapters... so basically I have to wait for another month for an actual chapter... AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! WTH!!!!! Why???? I really don't want to wait any longer. *sigh* Back to Skip Beat!...

Went to the library yesterday, and I ended up getting: Memoir of a Geisha and A Great and Terrible Beauty again... and some random books I pulled from the bookshelf...

At least the arrival of summer cheers me up a little bit...

~~~~
Current Location: Home: Study
Current Mood: annoyed yet bored
Current Music: some songs on this CD I burnt last year...

Labels:



This post was written by Mel-Lyn on Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 2:27:00 PM |

Comments

7 Comments:


I love the new layout! Green + Ouran = WIN.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is an anime, manga and light novel. The manga sucks, though, and the anime is only fourteen episodes and the voices get annoying...but the light novels are win. Well, I think they are, at least. It's one of those series where you either obsess over it or completely loathe it.

Memoirs of a Geisha is awesome! And A Great and Terrible Beauty is pretty good, too. That sales tax must suck...I buy stuff online a lot, too, even though the sales tax here is pretty low

Thanx... that layout took FOREVER to make since it's rele complicated ... but I like how it turned out ^_~

I think I heard the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya before... but nice, I think I might read it. What is it about?

Yep, the sales tax is insane, we pay for like 10% tax on EVERYTHING we buy... ugh, what's ur sales tax? But I'm so out of books to read, and I don't want to hunt for books in the library for 2 more hours now...

TMOHS is about this guy, Kyon, who meets this girl, Haruhi Suzumiya (so descriptive, aren't I?). Kyon used to believe in secret organizations and all that magic anime plotline story stuff, but once he got to high school he convinced himself that it wasn't real (well, mostly.) Haruhi DOES believe in that stuff, though, and she is an insane person, so logically...uh, spoilers. It parodies A LOT of stuff, though...the first episode is a magical girl movie that Haruhi made. O_o

I'm not entirely sure what the sales tax is here, because I'm dumb like that, but we have to pay a GST and PST on most things, which combine to 14% T_T not sure if it's different in the US though, because I live in Canada. A very, veeery boring part of Canada.

sounds like a nice story... is the light novel translated in English? [Well, I hope so, but you could understand Japanese while I can barely made out anything in a sentence... *sigh*]

The only reason I know our sales tax is bc it's in the news A LOT... ugh, but which part of Canada do u live in? I've only been to Canada once...

You can read the light novels in English at baka-tsuki.net, I think. It's set up like a wiki, so in the sidebar there's a little link saying "Suzumiya Haruhi". I haven't read it in a while, so it might have changed, but that's how I remember it.

I live in Brampton, in Ontario. The GTA is the most boring place to live, out of ANYWHERE ever.

I wouldn't be able to understand TMOHS if it were in Japanese. Maybe a couple words, and names, but other than that I would fail. If it were in romaji, I could maybe grasp a bit of it, but...I'm glad it's in English (even though sometimes it isn't translated very well).

:p it ususally does rain here thats why i find it so unusual that its scorching hot lol... as for the theme park, they're everywhere but i dont actually know the name of the one we went to... ^.^ sorry

I love your new layout!
k. xx

i moved quite a few years ago so i dont live in the u.s anymore, but i still speak like an american and spell things like mom and color differently than they do in scotland which is where i live now. and because i live in scotland, the holidays (which are thankfully 6 glorious weeks long) are like 4 weeks away... boo...:(
k.xx

(Leave a New Comment)