| Home | About | Author | Contact | Past Layouts | Map |
 

Brillante... Grazioso...

Saturday, May 31, 2008


Highlight of the Day: Still obsessed with La Corda d'Oro, and I went picture hunting yesterday... So basically I got over 100 images home not even knowing whether they're manga scans or images from the game. Thankfully, I can still tell anime images apart. But anyway, I had fun playing with them and making avatars... though the entire process was frustrating, esp. with no air conditioning working in our house, so I had to turn my fan on to the highest possible... err, volume?
Anyway, here are some teasers:



Listening to La Corda songs right now too... and it makes me feel kinda pathetic because I don't even know what they're singing... And I've been listening to Japanese, esp. anime songs since ages, while not even knowing what the songs are about. [unless I go look them up on animelyrics.net] Maybe I really should learn Japanese, so I can at least get a grip of what's going on... But I'm even forgetting Chinese right now since French gets on my nerves whenever I try to do ANYTHING with it... [At least I do learn a few Japanese phrases whenever I read a fanfic... but I really want to learn katakana and hiragana instead...]

I have no idea what I'm reading these days... watched anime for an entire week because I feel guilty looking at my almost floor length to-be-watched anime list. But in the end, I only get to cross one out: La Corda d'Oro, and eventually dropped a few... [I'm considering dropping Tsubasa since it's so different from the manga, but I really just love that series...] I'd rather spend my days re-watching the entire Ouran High School Host Club anime than watching new ones... yeah that's me.

I've been eating cake for breakfast for a week now... and I really want to thank the person for bring such a huge cake to our party last week so now I'm forced to eat them though.... [you know what to put there]

Off to make more avatars, ^_^

~~~~
Current Location: Home
Current Mood: somewhat frustrated [at myself]
Current Music: Two of Len's songs from La Corda, I wish dad installed the Japanese typing software here too, but it's only on my laptop... well, one of them is WITHOUT END [I wanna upload the two songs here... they're awesome ^_^]

Labels: , , ,



This post was written by Mel-Lyn on Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 10:41:00 AM |

Comments

10 Comments:


French gets on my nerves, too...I swear, in the fourth grade I was doing the same stuff. Honestly, we just started a new unit, which is "Shopping." Shopping. Our French teacher can't even teach us anything. She tells us to read a page of the textbook and do a fill in the blanks worksheet or conjugate verbs we've been conjugating since we started French. I wish I could stop taking French right now, but there's still a month left of school. It's so stupid, earlier in the year they changed our schedule so that we had twice as much French as before. Now we have one art period per cycle of days and one combined music and drama class, too. They even got rid of a math period, so that we could have more French. Ugh, I want to shoot my school board.

I don't really read Fruits Basket that much, either...I have too many series to obsess over, too. I think that during most French classes, I doodle and pretend to listen while thinking about who would win if Haruhi Fujioka and Haruhi Suzumiya were compared. It's a pretty hard decision to make...or at least it is for me.

Poor you with all the extra French hours... I remember our shopping unit, we ended up not learning anything else other than "Faire les course"... and nobody really paid attention... Wow, they got rid of a math class for French? School board people are annoying... I have a list of what I should do to them... ^_^

I doodle a lot in my Pre-Cal class since I don't learn anything... but um... tough choice b/t the two Haruhis, I'm still reading the other Haruhi story... ^_^ But are they comparable though?

Now I'm looking at my avatars again... I only like the second one, guess I still suck at it... *sigh*

I don't think that the two Haruhis are comparable, really. They're sort of opposites, anyways...Well, other than the fact that they both are in some sort of club, and that they are both fictitious (no matter how much I wish that they weren't because then omfgtamaki)...

My computer crashes if you run Windows on it (weird, because that's what it came with), so I have to use Ubuntu, which isn't compatible with Photoshop. T_T I can't even make avatars right now.

...Whenever I mention "avatar" to one of my friends, they will look at me like an insane person and then ask me if I mean profile picture or display picture. =_= My friends go on MSN and Facebook waaaay too much.

Agreed, the two Haruhis are the opposite when it comes to their personalities. But they're both awesome! ^_^

Did ur computer come w/ Vista? But it sure is an interesting computer... PS is killing my notebook too, bc I have like 200Mb left now in my hard-drive... so now it runs even slower than a donkey... T_T

Same here, I had to explain to my friend for like half an hour once on what exactly is an avatar... and in the end she just exclaimed "Oh! It's that icon thing on our profile!"...but Paint can be useful for making avatars too... I was using it for a while before I found the PS installation packet in my dad's drawer... [geez, he hides like everything...or misplace them]

The two Haruhis are indeed awesome. What part of TMOHS are you on, if you're reading/watching/whatevering it?

I have two computers (well, family computers but whatever). One of them is shiny and new and came with Vista, which strangely is working fine. The computer I use most often (because my sister and my dad hog the nice one. i don't think my mom even remembers that we own a computer, let alone multiple ones) is pretty old (maybe from 2005 or something), and it had Windows XP on it. But then it died, so I have to use the aforementioned terrible Ubuntu thing. Well, it's not that terrible, but I can't access any of the files I had on Windows. ;_; My computer is like a really old person...it has "senior moments", according to my sister's friend. It will be superfast for like three seconds, and then it will take around four hours for something to load. >.<

I used to use Paint for a lot of things, but then I discovered that Photoshop was already installed on my computer (this was before said computer DIED). I think it was version 7 or something...I dunno. Then my sister got CS2 or something like that, and tried to get me to use that, but I like the old photoshop I used better. Ugh, I think that my school computers have Photoshop 4 or something. People can't even find the Crop tool on it...*facepalm* My school is really stupid.

I'm reading TMOHS, the light novels... but really slowly since my internet was killing me these days... so I'm still on like chapter 3 or something... yeah slow me, how many episodes r there for the anime? I think I'm conquer that in one day...

We have 3 computers in our house... so everyone got one... my laptop is really old too [2004], and the internet connection died after a babysitting incident. So now it can only go online when I go to my dad's university. [Strangely, it works there] Our two desktops works just fine... w/ PS in them ^_^ Our school doesn't even have PS, all we can do is to stare at Google Earth, and go to some really EDUCATIONAL sites, all else they ban us... really stupid people there at our school...

I'm using CS2 right now, which is like a huge burden for it. So now I had to delete all the xxxHOLiC manga I have there to make room. T_T but now it runs even slower... I really want to give up trying now..

There are 14 episodes of TMOHS, and they're in anachronological order, which is awesome. It sort of is more fun to watch them in the broadcast order and not the order the plot actually follows...The last episode of the anime is actually episode 9 if you sort them into the right order. But it's more fun to try and understand it all. I think that it would take around 7 hours to watch all of the episodes. When I'm forced to clean my room (which usually ends up turning into being forced to clean my entire house) I'll just put the DVDs (yes, i bought all of them, i'm a nerd ;_;) in my portable DVD player and move it around my house. I guess I know it takes 7 hours to clean my house, then...that makes it sound like my house is bigger than it really is.

I felt so special in my last computer class. I figured out how to use YouTube on the school network! You just have to go to a Youtube page that's in a different language. ^_^ I was like, "OMG I GOT TO YOUTUBE" but nobody cared. T_T

I gave up on my computer a long time ago. I still think it was really appropriate when my sister's friend described my computer as having "senior moments"...

How do u go on a youtube page that's in a different language? I wanna try too... except I'll have to wait 2 more till my school starts again, but sounds fun ^_^

TMOHS anime sounds quite interesting, 7 hours would be easy for me, guess I'm watching it tomorrow ^_^. if my internet doesn't fail me... though it has a great chance of failing me... ugh, I hate my internet connection

Yeah, I think my computer is having "senior moments"... but it's going to retire soon since I'm going to college w/ a different laptop ^_^

And I'm still on chapter 7 of TMOHS... me = rele slow....

I think that I just Googled the video along with "youtube" and a language, and it showed up. I couldn't test it today, though, because the internet connection at my school is stupid.

My internet constantly fails me...half the time if I'm watching stuff on Youtube it will refresh the page halfway through. It's really annoying, especially if a character just DIED or something. ;_; I can never get back to the same spot, so I always miss important details and jokes and stuff. T_T

You're not that slow if you're on chapter 7 of TMOHS! At least you're close to the end...what did you think of it? Oh, and my profile picture is from Volume 6, in the first chapter, I think. The "Live a live" one. I'm probably going to change it soon, though...

Cool,^_^ I think I'm going to try google it on my school computer... if the lib monitor doesn't catch me... she watches us like a hawk...

My internet isn't any better... whenever if refresh the youtube page, the video has to reload from start... so I would just sit there like an idiot waiting for my video to restart for like 5 times whenever I try to watch something... T_T that's why I gave up watching anime using my computer at home...

I think the TMOHS is awesome ^_^ I really enjoyed the last parts when she and Kyon were trapped in the sealed dimension... now I'm on like chapter 3 or something of the second volume... but I kinda stopped to collect images of the light novels... now I've grown the fetish to collect pictures in order to make icons/banners/layouts for my latest obsessions...

(Leave a New Comment)