Monday, March 10, 2008
Yes, my second volume of Fushigi Yugi is almost downloaded. Oh, I forgot to mention my new series of manga: Fushigi Yugi and xxxHolic. (Tsubasa shouldn't really count, but I did just pick it back up this weekend and got completely obsessed, again...) Guess Yuu Watase's master piece got me hooked on manga again. Yet, all of her series seem to share some similarities, esp. with Ceres, the Celestial Legend. (ok, that's the only Yuu Watase series I actually read from the beginning to end) They shared so many similarities. Not only the art, even though it's the biggest part. Like her series's protagonists looked exactly the same, especially the main guy (just look at Toya and Tamahome). I had no doubt that Fushigi Yugi and Ceres, the Celestial Legend were by the same author when I first saw those two together, unlike CLAMP (but CLAMP's art style did change, just compare Magic Knight Rayearth and Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle). Not only the art of Yuu Watase's work are similar, the plot also have a similar style. Even though Fushigi Yugi and Ceres have two completely different plot, how the characters appear in the story and what happened to them shared a level of similarity also. It's kinda hard to explain and it's an inside joke between the friends. =P Sophomore literature, that's what reminded us. But unlike sophomore literature, I'm completely obsessed with it.
And there's xxxHolic. I didn't doubt myself that I won't get obsessed with it. After all, I did got obsessed with Tsubasa eventually, and xxxHolic cross-over with it. Just for that sore reason, I could totally get obsessed with it. =D And not to mention it has its own element within it. The thought of being disappointed by the similarities with Tsubasa did come to my mind when I first picked up the book, but it didn't disappoint me at all. And not to mention that there weren't so many cross-over characters at all. For some times, I hated the fact that there were so many cross-over characters in Tsubasa since it lost some of its originality. But over time, I started to like the idea. It's so good to see all the old CLAMP characters whom once I was obsessed with in another story again. And back to xxxHolic, its cross-over parts with Tsubasa certainly made it more interesting. Is there an anime for it, too? Need to check, but my anime list is getting larger and larger!
Oh, before I forget: Screen Shot of the Day:
And there's always school. For some odd reasons, I'm doing extremely good in school these days, even though I barely payed much attention to it. I've been getting great grades that even myself could hardly believe, like the last Pre-Cal quiz. I'm always a person who make stupid mistakes on math tests, but not a single mistake on the last quiz that I actually thought was pretty challenging. I'm proud of myself for once. =) Maybe I should go treat myself for some chocolates... Strike that, there's a writing assessment in French tomorrow morning, I better not get myself that sugar-high tonight...
Still slow on Project B, I wonder when I'll ever get to finish chapter 3 of MoRSA. I keep delaying it thinking I'd be having time for it during the school day. Then I get so busy at school and have no time to even look at it. *sigh* I was really excited when I first started this, but where did all my excitement go? (let me guess... manga?) Guess I'll have to force myself to take a look at it tonight... (but I won't get good chapters out if I'm being forced to write...) At least I know that Chapter 3 is going to be focused on characterization, that's something good...
Just remembered the teacher updated the grades, better go check them...
~~~~
Looking from: manga resource
Feeling: a bit sugar-high
Listening to: Qing Hua Ci - Jay Chou
Labels: Fushigi Yugi, manga, rants, school, Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles, xxxHolic