Wednesday, February 27, 2008
It finally snowed… and I see that someone up there has finally showed mercy to me and gave me a day to rest. It’s still a bit odd to see snow at the end of February. For some reason, snow always makes me feel sad, but at the same time, I love snow since it’s so elegant. I could totally expand this into a fiction or something. I like the theme a lot, snow. *sigh* pretty yet short-lived… Went through my entire play list today, I realized that every song reminded me of something else. Some of them don’t even relate to the theme of the songs at all, and most of them are related to anime and manga. Either I was listening to that particular song a lot while I was reading a specific manga, or the melody of the song just fitted a particular manga. For some odd reason, every time I listen to Bad day (Daniel Powter), I always have a strong urge to read about Sailor Moon again, and same thing goes with Mermaid Melody when I listen to Everyday (from High School Musical 2). I don’t know if that makes any sense at all.
There are so many forms to fill out these days. I always thought that all the homework and tests are the most frustrating part of high school, but it turned out that I was wrong. The endless number of forms to fill just gives me headaches, soon I’ll be having nightmares about all the forms I have to fill… *sigh* I really wish for a persocom now so it could fill out all the forms for me. It really sounds like a pathetic wish, but I’m pretty sure that whoever is in the same position as me would wish for the same thing.
I’m really obsessed with Angelic Layer these days. Yet, I don’t understand why I would be obsessed with this work, but at least CLAMP did another great piece that got me helplessly obsessed again. Funny though, I don’t really like the protagonist that much, nor the love interest (the manga version, that is), or the best friend. What got me really hooked are all the great supporting characters, such as Sai, Kaede, Ic-chan, and Wizard. (Ok, throw in Ohjiro, too) I guess that’s why good supporting characters are as important as the main characters in a story. It seems like different people have their own selection of favorite characters in a story. For Angelic Layer, Hayley preferred Sai because of her coolness and Ic-chan because of his funny personality. J And as for me, I added Kaede to my list because of her quiet yet graceful manners (very similar to one of my personalities) and Ohjiro (I guess Wizard count in too since he’s his angel.) because he’s also very well-mannered. (Of course, Sai and Ic-chan are definitely in my favorite list also. I guess Sai’s personality are really liked by people of all kinds of personalities, she reminded me of Haruka Tenou from Sailor Moon a lot. J No wonder both of them are my all-time favorites.)
I’m getting stuck on my story a lot recently. I’m getting confused a lot these days, I think all the stories I read recently have a bit too great influence on me. I don’t really know how “Melody of a Rainy Summer Afternoon” is going to continue. I could continue it as a cute friendship story, or I can deepen it as a romance. So now I’m stuck in the middle of a crossroad, don’t know which one to take. Why does this always happen to me? I hate decisions. Yet I still have to pick one in the end…I really want to shoot at romance, but I hope I won’t bomb it. *sigh* Why does everything in life have to be so hard?
I’m doing a research paper on time travel for English. It’s funny how even though the research paper is for English, most of the topics we chose were related to science. But science is really interesting. I mean, who doesn’t like topics like astrology or the black hole? I think my topic is still on time traveling, at least I hope I won’t change my mind and do astronomy instead. But it’s never certain since I change my mind a lot. (Inherited from my mom…she changed her mind like six-year olds…) I guess it started when I picked up a book about time traveling from a random bookshelf. Now I’m obsessed with time traveling, so obsessed that I have convinced my friends that I’m from the future and I’m just not telling everybody about it. But the research on time traveling relates to physics a lot, and the subject physics is like an entire new language to me. I mean, besides
I wonder if tomorrow is still a snow day. Not that I don’t want to go to school or something (I really don’t have any grudge against school…), but I really want to see the beautiful snowflakes again. It’s rare to see snow around this time year. But consider all the business with global warming, anything could happen…
I should go work on my fiction now, since I’m really in the mood of writing a romance right now…
~~~~
Looking from: a snowy image
Feeling: a bit sad
Listening to: 吻别 – 张学友 (this song reminds me of Chobits all the time since I had the habit of listening to it while reading the entire series. )
Word count: 972 (wow… I typed this in Word at first since I can’t access the internet on the notebook, but 972 words for a post? I’m proud of myself.)
Labels: rants