Sunday, February 24, 2008
Haven't post these two days, I was a bit caught up with all the forms that I'm supposed to fill. I'm still a bit behind. There are just too many forms coming in, I'm already getting tired of all of them. Why does everything require forms? It's easier on the parts where you just check the boxes, but the application essays simply give me headaches. They need to understand the fact that we fill like ten forms at the same time with all those same type of essay questions, and it's not to fun to type in all those same types of answers over and over again. *sigh* Life... I'm going through a long process and trying to correct as much of the grammar mistakes on this blog as I can find. I just went through the most recent ones and found countless mistakes. Guess I'm really that careless, except sometimes I was in a hurry and just ignored all the typos. So now I'm correcting them little by little. Hopefully, I could finish this project soon, and I'm pretty sure it'll help with my grammar more. *sigh* But I still hate grammar...
Watched loads of Chobits episodes yesterday on Youtube, (when I wasn't shopping at Macy's, even though I was there for like the entire day, thanks to mom...) there are lots of differences from what happened in the manga. I liked the manga version better though, esp. on the relationship between human and persocoms. Specifically, I liked how CLAMP worked with the relationship between Minoru and Yuzuki, it's really...touching. Minoru and Yuzuki were my favorite characters out of the series, so obviously I liked every moment of them in the manga and the anime. So I could be a little biased. I realized that this series is not really for me, (it was targeted on men in the twenties and early thirties, so wrong gender and wrong age...) but at least it's science fiction, and I really liked CLAMP's idea of the relationship between human and computers (persocoms). It may be an entertainment, but it has elements that are more than just simple enjoyment in the story. This is what I liked about CLAMP's works.
Since I'm on the subject of CLAMP, I'm still obsessed with their work. They are such awesome storytellers, and all the stories have some sort of deeper elements and themes in them. I'm currently reading Angelic layer and watching the anime at the same time. I don't get why I would be so interested in a story about a twelve year old. Theoretically, it should be too old for me to read that kind of stories. But I still read them and even get obsessed with them sometimes. For Angelic Layer, I was more obsessed with the angels though, I liked how the relationship between human and angels was developed. Just like human and persocoms, angels shared the same relationship with human. It's simply another master piece of CLAMP.
I finally got more songs added to my play list! Now I have new songs to listen everywhere I go. :) I didn't get any Chinese song though, since it takes a long time for me to pick them. After all, I'm not that familiar with Mandarin pop artists. I did get anime songs and English songs though. The anime songs are from Angelic Layer. The ending themes are really nice, and I'm like obsessed with the first ending theme, "The Starry Sky". It's interesting that many of the anime songs have English titles, and some of them even have English words in them. Well, Japan is a very westernized country, so I'm not that surprised. But I like its oriental elements also. Note to self: Look up the music group HAL. (They are the artist for "The Starry Sky")
Back to reality, I can't wait for spring and summer to come. It's almost the end of February, and it's till like 30s outside. The temperature changes so rapidly these days. It could be in the 60s today and the next day it might drops to the 30s. No wonder many people are getting the flu. I hope global warming isn't that bad yet, but the weather sure is a warning sign for us.
I should probably go work on my homework now, after all there's a test tomorrow for AP Human Geo. I hope I won't bomb that test. I don't think that I can afford anymore bad grades in that class. And I still have to paint. *sigh* I still don't get art at all. When I love my artwork, the teacher hates it. And when I hate my artwork, the teacher loves it. The worst things is that I really didn't learn anything at all. All my work is filled with mystery, I have no idea how I should have arranged the composition, or I should have painted the mid ground... Art is one mysterious thing that I can never get it.
When can I ever get to clear my head on that peaceful hill? Or is it only in dreams?
~~~~
Looking From: the third desk top we got yesterday :)
Feeling: confused
Listening to: the new playlist