Monday, March 23, 1992
This is the page for all the layout used on Ouran Chronicle, with the current version at the top. I planned to use a Flicker Slideshow for it... but somehow it didn't work out well, and now I'm too lazy to work on it... Every version has the basic description... and some commentary by me. ^^
-->> Wind on 07.07.08
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 8.0
[11.05.08 - somewhere around end 09]
-- A Tribute to my pretty stationery collection
-->> I originally planned to majorly tweak the layout style in this version... but guess the plan didn't really turn out to be that well. Or maybe it did, depends on how one looks at it I suppose. The color-theme is the simple primary colors, with the alternation from red to pink of course. ^^;;; What I really like about this layout is probably the icon-heavy style since I'm icon-obsessed these days... ^^;;; and the random icon selection in the comment box. There's more details about it in this update entry.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 9.0: Lullaby
[09.07.08 - 11.05.08]
-- A Tribute to simplicity
[top and bottom]
-->> It's a pretty nice coincidence that I'm updating the new layout exactly two months after version 7.0. This layout, as the tribute indicated, is rather simple since I wasn't really in the mood for a well-thought complicated style. I originally wanted a rather plain looking layout with a color theme of black-white-red, but this brown-red theme turned out to be rather oriental feeling... so I was rather satisfied since I had even lesser time than version 7.0. As for what happened to version 8.0, that's a surprise... =P
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 7.0: Impossible Emotions [then title: Ouran Chronicle]
[07.07.08 - 09.07.08]
-- A Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle Tribute
[top and bottom]
-->> I'm really satisfied with this layout since I drew the original design on a piece of paper [two pieces, actually] and finished it all in half a day. And I actually enjoyed one-column. It gives the entry more space, and the sidebar can be cleverly distributed on the top and footer. ^^ I think I'll probably use one-column a lot more from now on, since it's even easier to code. ^^ [Happily, I didn't even need referencing this time... just some old codes for Blogger... -.-' well, I always need those tags so Blogger won't screw up...]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 6.0: World Stage [then title: Ouran Wind]
[05.24.08 - 07.07.08]
-- An Ouran High School Host Club tribute
[top and bottom]
-->> This is the first version that I put everything together from scratch, so I'm quite fond of it. ^_^ The image featured everyone from Ouran High School Host Club, and the images all came from the volume cover and downloaded from For Richer or Poorer. I was particularly fond of the color theme... and just like Tsukiko-san said: Ouran + green = WIN! ^_~
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 5.0: Castle in the Sky
[05.08.08 - 05.24.08]
-- A Meru Peri Tribute
[top and bottom]
-->> Version 5.0 was the first version that I switched to the classic template and edited the layout with HTML. Honestly, I really suck at XML and prefer the good ole HTML a lot more. ^_^ Well, this was actually a pre-made web layout downloaded from FronzenRain.Net... I kinda used it as a trial for to test the HTML for blogger... guess it worked out pretty well ^_^ Well, it also suits the theme of Meru Peri pretty well, so a perfect choice ^_~
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 4.0: Year Sixteen [and Version 4.0.1 the Interlude]
[03.26.08 - 05.09.08]
-- Dedicated to the Chinese version of the Blog
[left:official version; right: interlude version]
-->> The one on the left is the official version, and the difference between the two is the header background image. I like the color arrangement of this version also. And the reason it was dedicated to the Chinese version was because that both version shared the same color arrangement...And what I loved the most about this version is that the header featured characters from more than one anime, the list is here.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 3.0 [then title: Floating]
[02.15.08 - 03.26.08]
-- A Sailor Moon Tribute
[top]
-->> This is back to the time where I was still using the pre-made blogger templates T_T... but I liked how it turned out, esp. I was worried that the header won't fit with the rest of the layout since it's so colorful, but it was way better than it was. ^_^
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 2.5 [special]
[02.14.08]
-- A Valentines' Day 2008 Tribute
[top]
-->> A special dedicated to Valentines 2008... I just suddenly got the idea to at up a special version for Valentines' Day 2008... It's not much of a layout though... just a pre-made layout with a header that kinda reminds people of Valentines... [At least it went well with the layout... ;_;]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 2.0
[01.01.2008 - 02.14.08]
-- A New Years 2008 Tribute
[top]
-->> I used to like this version a lot... and I also loved it more because the Starlights were in this header. ^_^ But yeah... I didn't really do much with the structure, but it was only a short time since I first started this blog... so guess my limit is just the pre-made layouts... *sigh*, but at least I changed it for the new year hoping for some changes, which this year has loads of changes to this blog alone. ^^
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 1.0 [then title: Searching for the Full Moon]
[11.31.07 - 01.01.08]
- A Full Moon wo Sagashite Tribute
[top]
...It's the first version... I actually liked the choice of my selection, this blue background with the Full Moon wo Sagashite header actually looked quite good together. ^_^ But guess when you look at this version and the current one right now, it is kinda a big difference... Oh well, things do get complicated as time goes by...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Labels: site