| Home | About | Author | Contact | Past Layouts | Map |
 

Chronicle...

Thursday, December 06, 2007


Just looked up the latest Windows Vista, I was kinda disappointed. Microsoft Windows is turning into Mac. The only reason I have a PC now instead of the Mac was because I hated the layout on the desktop. You just can't find anything on it... Plus Windows used to be cheaper, and now this new Windows Vista is freaking expensive. Since I wanted the Ultimate version, it'll cost me around $300 to buy and and pay for the shipping, and not to mention I'll have to upgrade to an at least 1GB RAM and probably a new CPU. I don't think that I want it, even when I get a new notebook for college... it's just eat up all of the computer's RAM, and there isn't really a new feature that is must-have. So I'm pretty disappointed.

As for Window XP, I think I might upgrade to IE 7, and download the Microsoft Media Player 11. That way, I could have more features :) Guess I'll have to stick with our good ole Windows XP for several years...

Just read more comments on the Vista, apparently people with large RAM and CPU loved it because of its new Mac style and the 3D model, except that it's not useful at all. I mean, why would I switch to the 3D mode while I'm desperately trying to finish some work on Office? It's pretty useless. And also, if it mess up once, you have to re-install the WHOLE thing again. That is just a waste of time. Not to mention that it's doesn't run programs the older version of Windows allow you, has too many pop ups, eats up all you memory, etc. It'll probably take some time to improve...

Anyway, moving on to school:
# of tests tomorrow: 4
# of tests ready: 0, (well, French could probably count, after all it's just the passe compose, but I still have to review all the nobody and nothing sentences...)
# of homework: a ton
reason that I'm not panicking right now: pretty used to it now, and I'm pretty bored sitting here anyway...

And there, that's my school life, don't even want to talk about it anymore...As for manga, I downloaded all the Sailor Moon and Full Moon wo Sagashtie manga last night. It was pretty late when I finished, like 11PM, so I didn't write about it. I also got the 18th volume of Fruits Basket :) I could download the rest too today since they got the entire 23 volumes. But now I'm worried that they are all in Japanese, then it'll be pretty pointless, since I can't read a word of it... better check.

I think I got behind on the Wiki projects and anime watch list, but I have to get the semester tests over first...

So sleepy...

~~~~
Looking From: a boring place
Feeling: sleepy
Listening to: You are the Music in Me (High School Musical 2) When is High School Musical 3 coming out?

Labels: , ,



This post was written by Mel-Lyn on Thursday, December 06, 2007 at 3:22:00 PM |

Comments

0 Comments:

(Leave a New Comment)